Re: Editorial changes to the Social Contract

On 11 Feb 2006, Jérôme Marant stated:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
>
>> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:
>>
>>> Would you please tell me how necessary it is to modify RMS essays,
>>> the GNU Manifesto, and so on, and how removing them from Emacs
>>> will make Debian more free?  I'm afraid it sounds ideological.
>>
>> Actually, I'd rather we could keep them.
>
> Ah!  So, after all, not everything would be either black or white?

        I wish we could keep them too - if only they were free. And
 while everything is not black or white, it does not imply either that
 nothing is. (I'm trying to determine if the information content in
 your sentence above is non-null).

        I would also like to have a whole bunch of stuff in Debian, if
 only it were free --- but this liking is not enough to sacrifice the
 principles of freedom of software.

        manoj
--
I bet the human brain is a kludge. Marvin Minsky