Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

[Christopher Martin]
> If an issue is highly controversial, then I can think of no better
> way of settling it in a way that most developers will accept than a
> vote. People respect votes much more than decrees, even if they don't
> agree with them.

And yet in this very thread we *still* have people whinging about GR
2004-03 being "deceptive".  (Yes, *after* you all had the opportunity
in 2004-04 to repeal it, and didn't do so.)  Either astounding or
depressing.