Re: A clarification for my interpretation of GFDL

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:49:01 +0200, Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> said:

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:22:02AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>
>> And the DFSG:

> words "the license must allow modifications" (as I have explained
> many times "must allow arbitrary modifications" is impossible
> interpretation):

>    The license must give us enough permissions to modify the work in
>    order to adapt it to various needs or to improve it.

        Firstly, if my needs require me to rtemove the secondary
 sections, and invariant sections, I should be allowed to do so

        Secondly, I reject this as being wehat the text already
 present says. "The license must allow modifications" means that the
 license must allow modifications -- with no codicils that the
 modifications be what the author thinks is non-arbitary.

> In order to make reasonably evident that this is not just my
> interpretation but also interpretation that is shared by many other
> Debian developers I decided to ask Richard Stallman for the opinion
> of FSF.

        This is irrelevant.

        manoj
--
"It's the best thing since professional golfers on 'ludes." Rick
Obidiah