Re: A clarification for my interpretation of GFDL

Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> writes:
> project has not decided this yet.  If the project secretary decides
> that my proposal (for GFDL) requires 3:1 supermajority, this would
> mean that the project secretary decides on behalf of the whole project
> that our notion of "free software" differs from the notion of FSF.

Actually, I think that both FSF and DFSG define "free software" pretty
similarily. The problem arises from the fact that our Social Contract
applies DFSG to all works, not just software, whereas FSF considers
software a special case. Do note that (eg.) the invariant sections are
_not_ present in the GPLv3 draft.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *