Re: The invariant sections are not forbidden by DFSG

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:

>> > the DFSG does not require convenience. it requires freedom. lack of
>> > convenience DOES NOT equate to non-free.
>>
>> True; however, Frank said "it would be more than inconvenient", which
>> does not say he thinks that the main problem is lack of convenience
>> here.
>
> i guess english is not your native language. "more than inconvenient" is
> a colloquialism for "extremely bloody inconvenient" or worse. i.e. "more
> than" is another way of saying "very".

It's also not my native language, and indeed with "more than" I meant
"not only extremely bloody, but even something else" (i.e. non-free).

I don't know of a place to look such phrases up, sorry.  I phrased it
along "more than that", which for sure means "but there's something
else".

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster