Re: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 03:09:53PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

>  "you CAN modify an invariant section - but you can only do so
>   by adding a new section that subverts or refutes or simply adds
>   to the invariant section." (Craig Sanders, January 2005)
> vs
>  "If it is modified, it does not do its job." (RMS, May 2003)
>
> and so on and so forth. Even RMS's comments disagree with
> some pro-FDL Craig Sanders ones.

There is absolutely no contradictions between these two statements.
It is not useful to change a text in invariant section (Stallman) but
nevertheless it is possible to improve it by adding a new secondary
section (Craig Sanders).

BTW, I couldn't find the source of the quotation of Craig Sanders.

Anton Zinoviev