Re: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

* Peter Samuelson [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:39:07 -0600]:

> - All Debian mirrors must retain source packages one year after the
>   corresponding binary packages are deleted

> - Debian CD vendors must either ship source CDs to all customers
>   regardless of whether a customer wants them, or maintain their own
>   download mirrors.

  Isn't this addressed by [1] and its references?

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/01/msg00238.html

> - Neither Debian, nor the mirror network, nor the users, can use
>   rsync-over-ssh to update their CD images or individual packages.

  Can't the Debian Project (by means of its Developers doing so) choose
  to interpret the license in the "clearly the 'make or' is not intended
  literal" sense? I mean, this is sooo "please waive me".

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

A hacker does for love what other would not do for money.