Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 12:14 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I cannot recognize from this text which decision you mean. Sorry, but
> you cannot do it that way. You need to specifically overwrite a decision
> - and, BTW, if you want to do more than just to undo it (which means
> that e.g. the ftp-masters still have a say on it, as well as the
> individual maintainers), you should also do a new decision as well as
> part of the GR.

Ok, fair enough. Let's see if I can make two small changes that will
satisfy these comments.

First, if I would insert the following reference at the end of the last
paragraph, would it properly identify the decision that is being
(partly) reverted, in your opinion?
http://release.debian.org/removing-non-free-documentation

Second, if I would add the following sentence to the end of the
last-but-one paragraph, would it make a new decision, in your opinion?

        As decided by a previous General Resolution (2004-003), the
        Debian Project will remove all material not judged as free in
        accordance with the DFSG from the main section of its archive.

With these two changes, is the proposal clear enough in your opinion?
(Needless to say, if you do, and it gets the required seconds, that
doesn't mean you or I would vote for it.)

> In that case, you might want to recall especially this decision in your
> GR proposal. That would be better than to claim there is a decision to
> remove GFDL-licensed documents.

Could you clarify the last sentence? Do you suggest that as things stand
now, etch will release with GNU FDL material?

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@debian.org>