Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 09:22 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I don't second this, I don't want to vote on dozens of GR. Please
> propose an amendment on the actual GR so that we have all the choices on a
> single vote.

Why do you want two separate issues on the same ballot?

Anthony's proposal was about issuing a statement on "Why the GNU Free
Documentation License is not suitable for Debian main". This was
countered by Adeodato's amendment, which states that the GNU FDL is
non-DFSG-free in certain modes of use (Invariant Sections) but otherwise
fit for inclusion in Debian main.

Having these issues ("What to say to the public about the GNU FDL" and
"Is the GNU FDL DFSG-free?") on the same ballot will ensure maximum
confusion in an already complicated issue.

Of course, if there are no seconds or not enough seconds then the only
choice is to propose an amendment that has the same content as this
proposal, plus a decision that the decision about the statement is
postponed to a separate GR.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@debian.org>