Re: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

Em Seg, 2006-01-23 às 10:28 +0100, Wouter Verhelst escreveu:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:41:25AM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > If you do not have any access to my encrypted or "chmod -r" copy, then
> > I am not controllyng your reading or further copying
> Really. If you maintain a copy of a GFDL'ed work on one of your
> debian.org home directories without the world-writable read bit set, you
> are in violation of the license, as written.

Hmmm... This made me think twice...

The license is an agreement that regulates one action: the distribution,
right? Is this clause enforcable to your private copies (considering it
as a bug)? or just to the copies you distribute...

I mean, I know the license says "the copies you make or distribute",
but, by definition, wouldn't it apply only to the act of distribution?

daniel