Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:37:32 +0000, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> said:

> I suggest a few wording changes and additions to avoid some
> arguments against the statement and to make it a little clearer.

> I agree with earlier comments about adding the version number.

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
>> Within the Debian community there has been a significant amount of
>> concern about the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), and
>> whether it is, in fact, a "free" license. This document attempts to
>> explain why Debian's answer is "no".

> s/"free" license/"free software" license acceptable for Debian's
> main archive section/

        I think this shall only bring up the distraction or arguments
 of what does one mwna by "software". While some of us hold to the
 view that software is all that is cmputer related and not hardware or
 wetware. others hold to the narrower definition that software ==
 software programs.

        That discussion is unlikely to be productive.

        manoj
--
Support Mental Health.  Or I'll kill you.