[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:39:46 +0200, Martin Wuertele <maxx@debian.org> said:

> * Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2006-10-27 08:49]:
>> You are overpassing your rights as secretary, it is not for you as
>> secretary to call for a vote, or take any such actions, but it is
>> only the proposer and the seconders who can do such.

> As you insist - which I still think isn't necessary - I call for a
> vote on my proposal and kindly ask our secretary to go ahead.

FWIW, you can't call an immediate vote on your proposal.  Your proposal
still has the normal minimum discussion period.  (Unless the DPL varies
it by a week.)

The immediate vote that Manoj is calling is a separate ballot, to
determine whether or not Aj's decision will be put on hold until the
vote on your proposal is complete.

So you'll have to do another call for vote on your own proposal in about
two weeks.

Hubert Chan <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/
Fingerprint: 96C5 012F 5F74 A5F7 1FF7  5291 AF29 C719 124B 61FA

Reply to: