Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:10:46PM -0500, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
>         As I count, this resolution to delay the decition of the DPL
>  of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation  has
>  received 2K sponsors, which means that ? 4.2.2.2 of the constitution
>  to be called into action.

> |   4.2. Procedure
> |     2. Delaying a decision by the Project Leader or their Delegate:
> |          2. If such a resolution is sponsored by at least 2K Developers,
> |             or if it is proposed by the Technical Committee, the
> |             resolution puts the decision immediately on hold (provided
> |             that resolution itself says so).

I can't see anywhere in the resolution it claims to invoke 4.2.2.2, so afaics
that doesn't apply.

>         I am proposing the following draft ballot for this immediate
>  vote, while I go about setting up the voting infrastructure.  The
>  vote page containing the details of this general resolution is not
>  yet up, but as soon as it is it would be found at:
>    http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_008

>      Voting period starts      00:00:01 UTC on Friday, 28 Oct 2006
>      Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC on Friday, 10 Nov 2006

If this immediate vote is compliant with the constitutional requirements
(which afaics it's not), please consider the voting period varied to
one week.

> - - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> 2808c3bb-6d17-49b6-98c8-c6a0a24bc686
> [   ] Choice 1: The DPLs decision remains on hold until the full vote
> [   ] Choice 2: Further discussion
> - - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I believe the options should be:

    Choice 1: The DPL's withdrawal of the delegation remains on hold pending a vote
    Choice 2: The DPL's withdrawal of the delegation stands until a vote

with no default option (or, since there is no quorum, Choice 2 being
treated as the default option, which is equivalent).

I'm not sure what all this is aiming to achieve beyond being a different
attempt to effectively prevent me from exercising any DPL powers, and
to further discourage people from having any faith in our constitutional
processes.

Cheers,
aj