Re: Call for votes for "GR: : Handling source-less firmware in the Linux kernel"

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:43:57 -0700, Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> said:

> Debian Project Secretary <secretary@debian.org> writes:
>> In the brackets next to your preferred choice, place a 1. Place a 2
>> in the brackets next to your next choice.  Do not enter a number
>> smaller than 1 or larger than 2.  You may skip numbers.  You may
>> rank options equally (as long as all choices X you make fall in the
>> range 1<= X <= 3).

> These instructions are self-contradictory.  -- Ben Pfaff email:
> blp@cs.stanford.edu web: http://benpfaff.org

        Rubish. You have tow overlapping constraints. One constraint
 happens to be a superset of the other. There is not contradiction --
 get your nit-picking right, fer gaeds sake.

        You can fully express all possible coices with just the
 numbers 1 and 2 for this vote, so the CFV isn't even wrong. I just
 overestimated the math and logic skillz of the voters.

        manoj
--
[Crash programs] fail because they are based on the theory that, with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.  -- Wernher von Braun