Re: RFC: Final version of kernel team's firmware GR proposal, coined to be consensual to all those of good faith involved in the current discussion.

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 09:21:21PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 06 October 2006 14:42, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [061006 10:00]:
> > > I paste here the last instance of the draft proposal by the debian
> > > kernel team [1]. Well, mostly me and Frederik, with direct input from
> > > Manoj, and reflecting assorted comments from others, Steve and Anthony
> > > being the most prominent ones.
> >
> > This draft seems ok to me, but the other draft that is just being called
> > for vote is ok either.
>
> I agree. I do not see that this version adds anything really significant
> over the proposal currently listed for vote_007 in the context of the Etch
> release. At least not significant enough to further delay a vote.
>
> But then, I can not say that I have followed the discussion leading to this
> new version in detail.

The version currently under vote means we have to remove the tg3 firmware, as
well as a whole bunch of GPLed firmwares.

Have you not read Steve's reply to Anthony about this ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther