Re: Kernel Firmware issue: are GPLed sourceless firmwares legal to distribute ?

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:09:53AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> It is not reasonable for the project to vote on questions of legality, nor
> is it appropriate to rely on debian-legal for questions of legality.  If the

May I remind that debian-legal is a mailing list ?

> relevant delegates/maintainers have questions about the legality of
> distributing a particular piece of software, they should consult a lawyer.

Since they will have to make this determination for Etch anyway, would
not be useful to do that as soon as possible ? This way illegal
firmwares could be removed sooner and the discussion could focus on the
remaining one.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.