Re: are GPLed sourceless firmwares legal to distribute ?

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:57:33 +0300, Markus Laire <malaire@gmail.com> said:

> Hopefully (but I doubt this) someone in Debian will get sued for
> this violation in Etch, to stop such a behaviour in the future.

        Nice. But the only one who can sue is the person whose
 copytright we are violating -- namely, the person who provided the
 firmware in the first place.  I'll leave it up to you to determine
 the likelihood of that.

Everything might be different in the present if only one thing had
been different in the past.