Re: Summary? (Or: my vote is for sale!)

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>         In that particular GR, the full text of the resolution was
>  included in every ballot and CFV. If you were mislead, that means you
>  did not even bother to read the mail you used to vote with -- sounds
>  like the person doing the misleading was just you being lazy.

In that particular case, the "heading" was still "editorial changes",
and given the public cries that the results (not the voting results)
gave, he was not alone in that misconception.  Therefore I don't think
it's fair to call him lazy.  If you've missed that there was a
discussion what removing or adding the word "software" in a sentence
means (a sentence that talks, as you perceive, about Free Software,
anyway), it's just normal that you don't understand the implications.

>         The consequences of those words may have come as a surprise to
>  you (and indeed, they did to me as well), but there was nothing that
>  I could have done about that.

I don't think it's true.  It has been pointed out that some of the
consequences have already been raised during the discussion, but were
overheard.  And that's all Adrian and Marc were talking about.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)