Re: [AMENDMENT]: Release Etch now, with source-less but legal and freely licensed firmware

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>> +  |     firmware included in the kernel itself as part of Debian Etch.
>> +  |     We allow inclusion into etch even if the way we distribute the
>> +  |     firmware leads to a violation of the license, if the current
>
> What do you mean by "the way we distribute the firmware leads to a violation
> of the license" ? This is a paraphrase of sourceless implicitly GPL-licenced
> drivers ? Why not say it directly then ?

Yes, it was meant as that, but since I don't have a detailed overview of
the firmware affected, I wanted to phrase it in a more general way.
However, see my answer to Anthony Towns.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)