Re: Draft ballot "DFSG #2 applies to all programmatic works"

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 10:50:41AM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:35:48AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> > Make sure you have read the proposal in detail.
>
> A little plea for the next GR discussion season: when people discuss a
> GR, please keep in mind that the discussion will become material that
> people would like to read before deciding what to vote.
>
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_004 says:
>
>   Please note that this does not include preludes, prologues, any
>   preambles to the resolution, post-ambles to the resolution, abstracts,
>   fore-words, after-words, rationales, supporting documents, opinion
>   polls, arguments for and against, and any of the other important
>   material you will find on the mailing list archives. Please read the
>   debian-vote mailing list archives for details.
>
> I do not have time nor motivation to go through the huge debian-vote
> mailing list archives of the last month.
>
> It would be useful if the main proponents of either result would work
> together (offline?  on the wiki?) on a single short text that would
> summarise both positions in a way that they both think is fair.
>
> A few suggestions for trying to have a better list archive next time can
> found in http://people.debian.org/~enrico/dcg/ , and more specifically
> in http://people.debian.org/~enrico/dcg/ch02.html

There will be a kernel team meeting this evening, where we will discuss these
licencing issues, and try to come with a common text which the kernel team,
the d-i team and the RM team can second.

So, stay tuned for a new proposal tomorrow, which will obsolet all or most
others.

Friendly,

Sven Luther