Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

also sprach Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006.09.23.2110 +0200]:
> It's not about a timely release, it's about Debian directly or
> indirectly paying *some* developers for the work they signed up
> to.

No, it's about a timely release and enabling two people of core
importance to dedicate even more of their time, using limited funds
in a well-defined manner. It's about an experiment to see whether
it has the potential break our track record of continuously missing
our deadlines.

And quite obviously, there's a lot of personal, emotional stuff
involved on the side of the opponents. Are you jealous that you're
not getting any money this time? Are you fearing that you may never
get any money?

In your "essay" you ask: "Why should those, who have to make money
in other areas in order to live at all, continue to work
voluntarily?" -- I've tried to answer that in my recent blog post:
because they believe in the project they're working on, and they're
ready to look forward with everyone else, not peek sideways to see
what the others are doing or whether they're better off.

If you don't believe in the project and you're not ready to steady
your stare foreward, I think there's a whole other issue at play.

"funny how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse
 it suddenly does."
                                                           -- marvin