Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:43:22PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> But we, Debian developers, can make this confusion vanish, and I

This is outlandish and insulting.  That a Debian developer should be
held responsible every time someone in the press writes something
inaccurate is terribly wrong.

I applaud AJ for showing initiative and being willing to try new things
to improve Debian.  I don't agree with everything he's done, but this is
an *experiment* and he described it as such.

Furthermore, Debian should not be attempting to control the lives of
developers outside of Debian.  This represents a terrible intrusion into
privacy and, moreover, an unreasonable demand upon volunteers.

What's worse, your complaint seems to be that AJ told someone what he
was doing privately.  Debian should not be seeking to restrict the
speech of its developers or leadership.

It is only by trying new ideas and having open and honest debate that
Debian will improve.

-- John