Re: Firmware & Social Contract: GR proposal

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:21:18AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> We could have met those expectations of the d-i and kernel teams had
> taken the issue seriously before now.  Their failure to do so does not
> translate to an emergency on my or Debian's part.

The failure to do this is no more the responsibility of the d-i or
kernel teams than it is yours or mine. They are volunteers, just as you
or I are, and they have no more responsibility to work on anything they
choose not to do so, than you are personally responsible for ensuring
Debian meets its commitment of providing a non-free area in its archive
and supporting users who need the software there.

It's entirely incorrect to suggest otherwise, and not the opinion of
the project.

Cheers,
aj

--