Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Sven Luther wrote:
> What Steve and others who seconded him propose is to ship non-free firmware in
> main, and declaring it as data, and thus disguising it as free software.

I guess that's a good statement, it's disquising firmware, not necessarily
as Free Software, but disguising it.  We should be honest enough to accept
that it {does,may} contain software that is run on processors and maybe
(to be decided by vote) decide to accept this for the time being and ship
it regardlessly (or not...).

Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!