Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Sven Luther wrote:
> What Steve and others who seconded him propose is to ship non-free firmware in
> main, and declaring it as data, and thus disguising it as free software.

I guess that's a good statement, it's disquising firmware, not necessarily
as Free Software, but disguising it.  We should be honest enough to accept
that it {does,may} contain software that is run on processors and maybe
(to be decided by vote) decide to accept this for the time being and ship
it regardlessly (or not...).

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!