Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:35:30PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I didn't say Peter's take didn't matter, because personally I consider
> it self-evident and unarguable that it does matter. The followup was
> only intended to make sure it was clear that it *was* Peter's take,
> and not necessarily the project's, and that debate is still appropriate.
>
> And *this* one I will sign as DPL.

Aj, ...

I would be very interested in an explanation of you, explaining why this was
necessary in this case ? I don't think Peter claimed to represent the Debian's
consensus, and even if he did say his comment in a rather authoritative way,
this is common usage, and many transpose their strong opinion in such a way.

Friendly,

Sven Luther