Re: To all candidates: delegation process

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:47:16PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> As you might have noted, the Constitution does not spell out the
> process how a new delegation is made.  Would you please summarize the
> process you intend to follow if you are elected?  Thanks.

See also http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/02/msg00686.html

Find a need and volunteers; see if that can be handled without a
delegation; if a delegation is necessary, make it, by posting the
details to -project, or if necessary, -private. Generally, I think that
delegations should be fairly limited in scope, and the actions undertaken
with the special delegated powers should be easily followed by others
subscribing to some list; either -project, -private, or one specific to
the area being delegated, eg -release or -legal.

Cheers,
aj