Re: Question to all candidates about the NM process

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> [2006-03-07 12:34:05]:
> > [In short, if this is such a problem, what have you all been doing in
> > your personal capacity as developers to deal with it?]

[...]

> Apart from that, your question implies that one has to attempt to
> solve every problem in debian yourself, once you notice it. That is
> quite impossible.
>
> You have to both prioritize the critical issues over the lesser ones
> and decide if *you* are the right person with the right skills and
> motivations to engage in that specific problem.

Definetly. However, the question doesn't exclude someone saying that
they don't feel that they're the proper person to be dealing with this
specific problem, or that the problem is one that is not serious
enough to merit spending the time necessary to address it.

I'm just concerned about the disingenuous way in which some problems
are addressed in Debian, where people who aren't interested in putting
in the effort to solve the problem heckle those who are attempting to
do so, and some of the responses to this issue seemed to be heading
this way.

Don Armstrong

--
[]