Re: Question for all candidates: what mistake will you _not_ make?

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:13:42PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
So, my question: please name anyth behaviour or act you've observed
with previous DPLs (naming the name of the respective DPL is not
required) that you think was a mistake, and which you will try not to
make during your term?

When I first joined Debian, there was a DPL who told all the Debian
Developers to "eat shit and die", then left the project in a huff.  He
was a dynamic, forceful leader with many great qualities and a likeable
personality.

I think he got frustrated from expecting too much out of the volunteers.
We are mostly volunteers here.  I expect greatness from everyone, but I
won't make the mistake of expecting people to do boring things for free.

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973