Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 06:41:04PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Still, I have no confidence at this point.  I am quite sure that, even
>> if Anthony's original resolution passes overwhelmingly, we will see
>> another GR with the effect "keep GFDL'd documentation in main" before
>> long.
>
> What are you willing to stake on that, out of curiousity?
>
> How about a $100 donation to SPI if there's no such GR by 2007-04-01?

Hrm.  Ok, sure, but with tightened wording.

On the condition that:
  1) Anthony's original resolution passes, with neither alternative
     chosen; and
  2) No relevant change is made in the GFDL;
  3) The FSF continues to license its core manuals with the GFDL,
     including the use of invariant sections.
I predict that another GR will be introduced within 18 months from the
date the resolution passes, which has the substantial effect of
including the FSF's core manuals in Debian main.

If this prediction fails, then I'll gladly send in $100.

Thomas