Re: A clarification for my interpretation of GFDL

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:02:54PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

> Actually, I think that both FSF and DFSG define "free software" pretty
> similarily. The problem arises from the fact that our Social Contract
> applies DFSG to all works, not just software, whereas FSF considers
> software a special case. Do note that (eg.) the invariant sections are
> _not_ present in the GPLv3 draft.

They are not present because this would make some useful modifications
impossible.

GFDL is applied only to the so called functional works and for such
works FSF requires pretty much the same freedoms as from the software
programs.  There is no disagreement between Debian and FSF for such
works, at least not yet.

Anton Zinoviev