Re: Anton's amendment

Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> writes:

> The decision we have taken is that DFSG applies to all works, not just
> to software programs.  We have never taken decision acording to which
> "we insist on the modifiability of all parts".  I'd say that we insist
> on the modifiability of some particular part only if this is necessary
> in order to solve some practical task, for example to extend or change
> the functionality of the work.

Where do you find such a limitation in the DFSG?

In other words, there are two different things you could be saying:

1) We should change the DFSG to only require modifiability of
   functional parts.
2) The DFSG already only requires modifiability of functional parts.

If you are saying (1), then your amendment as balloted by Manoj is
just fine to express that purpose (at least, in the specific case of
the GFDL).

If you are saying (2), then you have more to do.  You must explain
what in the text gives this suggestion.  Where in the text do you see
some such limitation?

Thomas