Re: Anton's amendment

Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> writes:

> If we had the right to remove the GNU Manifesto, the Free Software
> Movement would slowly lose its influence.  People, especially young
> people, tend to forget how this started and what ideals the movement
> follows and why they are important.

This may or may not be true.  But it is irrelevant.  If strict
enforcement of the DFSG were to lead to a nuclear holocaust, this
would be an excellent reason to change the DFSG (in my opinion).  But
it does not somehow change the meaning of the text as it is.

Which means that you are perhaps arguing that we should make the
change to the DFSG which the amendment in question calls for.  Well
and good; I disagree, and we can submit that proposed change for the
3:1 vote it requires.

Thomas