Re: For those who care about the GR

On Saturday 21 January 2006 13:52, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         So, I am seeking arguments and guidance from the developer
>  body whether issue 1 can, and should, be decidable by a general
>  resolution, or whether the freeness of the GFDL licensed works
>  without invariant clauses is incontrovertibly non-free, as the
>  license is currently written.

I believe this issue is a matter of interpretation, especially given that
the DFSG is specifically and explicitly intended to be a set of guidelines.

My reading of all the options of this GR so far have the effect of stating
how the Debian project is interpreting the DFSG with respect to the GFDL.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>