Re: Amendment: invariant-less in main (Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement)

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Adeodato Simó <adeodato@debian.org> [2006.01.10.0455 +0100]:
>
>>     Formally, the Debian Project will include in the main section of
>>     its distribution works licensed under the GNU Free Documentation
>>     License that include no Invariant Sections, no Cover Texts, no
>>     Acknowledgements, and no Dedications, unless permission to remove
>>     them is granted.
>

> I'm a late entry to the thread, please excuse.
>
> If we kicked all GFDL out of main, how many upstreams would
> reconsider their choice of licence? None? Few? Some? Many?
>
> I am <-> that short of seconding dato's proposal, but I believe that
> Debian is also in a position to make the world a better place by
> asking upstreams to rethink. Or am I being completely naïve here?

You can second a proposal without voting for it if you just want to have
it on the ballot!

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D