Re: GR Proposal: GFDL statement

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:17:24PM -0500,
 Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> I think -legal came to a very definite consensus that licensing the
> documentation under the exact same license as the program was always
> the right thing to do.

I agree. In some countries (I checked for France), it is the default
(the documentation of a software is regarded as software).

> It saves *so* much trouble.

But not all documentation is attached to a software. For instance, if
I write a book "Software development on Debian", releasing it under
the GFDL is still the reasonable thing to do.