Re: Question for candidate Towns

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 11.03.2005, 13:14 +0100 schrieb Frank Küster:
>> However, we should be careful not to make the problem worse instead of
>> better: We don't gain much if anybody who wants to be informed then
>> would have to follow -devel *and* -devel-moderated, -project *and*
>> -project-moderated, and so on.
>
> Just forward all messages from -moderated to the regular list too, so
> that you either get only moderated messages (subscribed to -moderated),
> or get all messages (subscribed to the regular list).

That does not help the people who

a) want to be informed about -devel stuff (or -project stuff, or whatever)

and

b) would like to have a better S/N ratio on these lists.

They would have to read the moderated list (with the good S/N ratio),
but keep track of the unmoderated list as well.  Well, they would have
to do this *if* we are not careful to do it right.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich