Re: Question for candidate Robinson

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> Though I am interested in being involved in debian-legal, I am turned
> off by Andrew Suffield's description of anyone with a view other than
> his own as an "anti-freedom advocate".

I was uncomfortable with that, but it's not clear that he was
describing as broadly you said and it didn't seem worth picking
up now. If you must pick it up, please don't exaggerate.

> debian-legal certainly has an image problem among the rest of the
> developers, as some blog entries over the past few months demonstrate.

Some of those blog authors have been trolling debian-legal, but
most go from press misreports. Help out if you can.

> Branden posted the list of debian-legal's top 10 posters in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00249.html
> 4 of the top 6 posters are not developers (according to db.d.o).
> Are they professional trouble-makers?

Nice choice of cut-off. Been reading Darrell Huff lately?

4 of the posted top 10 are not developers. 2 of those 4 are in
NM.  I doubt the other 2 are doing it as a profession and it's
probably a matter of opinion whether you'd call them trouble-
makers. Have they inflamed threads to your notice? Could you
reply to -legal or -project?

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.