Re: Question for candidate Robinson

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 03:53:17PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > And most DDs have also stopped paying any attention to -legal, so ...
>
> I challenge you to provide data, but it's actually irrelevant,

He, i can inform you that in our "small team" as Andreas would say, for which
i came to post 300+ mails to -legal in order to not get our 50+ packages moved
to non-free without warning over a couple of dissident or other bogus tests,
there is a big concensus that -legal is not thrustable and no real help in
DFSG freeness. My own experience shows that this is something shared by a not
so small part of the DDs, and i told you so on -legal back then too.

> as long as we assist those who want our assistence. debian-legal
> is mostly welcoming and willing to help with debian packages. Many
> contributors are actually willing to help with general topics,
> although some would be better on other lists such as -mentors.

Many DDs only want to package their package in peace, and not get dragged info
a many-thousand -legal flamewar over imagined DFSG non-compliance and bogus
tests.

Friendly,

Sven LUther