Re: Question for candidate Robinson

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> [...] DFSG-revisionists are the people who in
> the last year invented things like the "dissident test" which are not
> derived from the DFSG and pretend to use them as a measure of software
> freeness for Debian. [...]

I'm pretty sure that the dissident test is older than that,
but I don't know how old. Do you mean the dictator test, which
was suggested and seemed to provoke discussion rather than be
accepted? (Although you wouldn't know that from some reports!)

I think the drive to connect the informal tests back to the DFSG
has been a good one and it's certainly made me think again on a
couple of things. I hope that the link was there originally and
has just been lost because of the sort of habit and familiarity
that made you name the wrong test above. It's also made people
rely on the tests less when it's near the borderline, IMO.

> This "consensus" has been formed in the small circle of the DFSG
> revisionists when nobody else payed much attention to debian-legal, and
> now it's being used to silence dissenting opinions with the argument
> that "all objections have been dismissed".

Silence? Have you been banned from debian-legal now? I can see an
argument for doing so, but I would hope that it would be reported
and overruled. You seem to refuse to participate effectively, but
your most destructive actions don't happen on-list.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.