Re: Project scud (for Andreas Schuldei and Branden Robinson)

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 12:13:46PM -0300, Lucas Wall wrote:

> The announcement mentions that both candidates are not clone candidates,
> they each reply to questions with their own point of view. What about
> other members of the project? How much do they influence in the
> decisions the DPL will make? Is their point of view also expressed in
> the answers you (Andreas and Branden) post to this list? Should they
> start answering questions themselves?

So as not to force the candidates to speak for me, I'll answer this question
to say that I don't intend to answer questions for the candidates (hmm,
twisty).  I do intend to participate in the elections as a developer
interested in the election process, asking questions of any of the
candidates as I think of them.

Andreas and Branden are free to consult with me whenever they want a second
opinion about a question they've been asked, just as they would be able to
consult the "DPL team" if elected; for that matter, other DPL candidates are
also free to consult me if they want my opinion.  Just because they *can*
consult me doesn't mean I'm feeding them answers, if that's what you mean by
"influence" -- it's not like I don't have enough to do with my time, without
also trying to be a DPL puppetmaster, and if I thought any of the candidates
were going to expect me to pull their strings, I wouldn't vote for them. :)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer