Re: Clarification about krooger's platform

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> But you saw no need to consult the people you named prior to including them
> in a list of "appointees" as to whether they would be willing to be a part
> of your little sham committee.

So a committee of those people would be nothing other than a sham?
Or are you trying to suggest that krooger hasn't learnt any lesson
from his past interactions with them? Are you unwilling to work in
any way with someone who you believe doesn't understand your view?

> Consultation with stakeholders *before*
> pushing them around might be a good step, don't you think?

Can't help but agree that consultation would have been good and
I thank you and Erinn Clark(I think) for pointing out it hadn't
happened. Then again, the debian-women list members are very
prejudiced in my experience and many ignore people they don't
see as fellow travellers: would any of you have answered a
Request For Comments or Call for Volunteers from krooger, honestly?

Also, as we are so frequently reminded, the DPL can't push
anyone into doing stuff, at least constitutionally.

> > The longest journey begins with a single step.  Not even the shortest
> > journey begins without that single step!
> Giving someone a shove down the stairs isn't a real winning strategy to
> starting a journey.

Depends if you put cushions or broken glass at the bottom.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.