Re: GR Proposal: Declassification of -private

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:01:16PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> I would suggest that declassification of posts affected by a GR be put
> on hold if a proposal is made for a GR while the GR process takes
> place [since the absolute minimum time that a GR can take is 2 weeks.]
> 4.2.2.1 does cover this, but getting 10 developers to sponsor on short
> notice may be difficult.

If you can't get 10 people to sponsor it in two weeks, doesn't that mean
you probably can't get enough people to vote for it either? Although I
guess that'd do away with the "immediate procedural vote". The other
side is that a GR can take arbitrarily long -- first by repeatedly doing
amendments to delay the start of the discussion period, then by delaying
the CFV...

Maybe Manoj's suggestion is enough to make the 10-seconds to delay
satisfactory?

Cheers,
aj