Re: Some vote analysis

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Anyway. I think it's always interesting to analyse the voting a little
> beyond just "who won". Anyway, some (IMHO) interesting implications from
> this vote.

Indeed, it is interesting (as have been your occasional ubuntu
commentaries on your web site). Thanks for compiling them and
answering a lot of "what if" questions.

Personally, I think the stronger showing for NOTA is due to two
effects:
 1. Increased awareness of NOTA due to a contraversial candidate;
 2. Growing dissatisfaction with the "small changes" approach
    to overall leadership espoused by most candidates.

The difficult question with this data is: which effect is stronger?
There are some pointers from the "clone" rates and the change in
NOTA effect from previous years, but nothing conclusive, IMO.

Whether granting the implied wish from effect 2 would be good or
not is a whole new debate!

--
MJR/slef