Re: Vote for the Debian Project Leader Election 2005

<david@schmitt.edv-bus.at> said:
> > On Tuesday 05 April 2005 19:29, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >> Sure. As far as devotee is concerned, the ordering when the ballots
> >> were received is the only one that matters.  Since email ordering
> >> is not guaranteed, you may wish to wait for devotee's ack is you
> >> are firing off multiple ballots.
> >
> > So any signed vote made public can be used to override any later
> > decision by the voter in question by replaying the publicised mail
> > and signature.
>
> 	No, that would be stupid. This is why we have a guard against
>  replay attacks.

But if the original vote that was signed and posted publicly was never sent
in, then there wouldn't be any record of the vote--so if it was sent in at
the last minute, devotee would be seeing it for the first time...

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>