Re: Vote for the Debian Project Leader Election 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:15:22 +0000, Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> said:

> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
>> I think that Wesley may be thinking more along the lines of a
>> simple replay attack -- if you *do* change your mind, your earlier
>> (publically posted) ballot can be fed back into the system again,
>> to reset your preferences to those you originally chose.

> I /believe/ that there's a replay cache to prevent a naive replay
> attack

	Umm, it does have a replay cache. How does a sophisticated
 replay attack differ from a naive one?

> - I'm not sure if it insists that the order of signing is consistent
> with the order of receipt.

	Umm, I am not sure I understand what this means.

	manoj
--
Coward, n.: One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his
legs. Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"