Re: Vote for the Debian Project Leader Election 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 02:57:43AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Wesley J Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday, 24 March 2005 16:52, Roger Leigh wrote:
> >> Happily, the OP still has a chance to change his mind ;-)
> >
> > Unless someone else sends in his already signed ballot...
>
> You can send in multiple ballots. Only the last one will count. As a
> result, you're free to change your mind up until the deadline.

I think that Wesley may be thinking more along the lines of a simple replay
attack -- if you *do* change your mind, your earlier (publically posted)
ballot can be fed back into the system again, to reset your preferences to
those you originally chose.

Since the voter gets a return e-mail, they'd likely know about it, but if
the attacker was clever and threw your ballot in right before the deadline,
you wouldn't have enough time to correct it, and would need to bother Manoj
to get it sorted out.

- Matt