Re: [followup question] Career path for non-maintainer DD's

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:34:17PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I think it would be fairly reasonable to let translators, documenters,
> and other people who do good for work Debian, become Debian developers,
> but only have those who pass a "packaging skills exam" (like T&S is
> mostly now) have upload priviledges.

You can already be a "documentation DD" -- that is, apply for NM and go
through T&S being asked to prove your ability to write documentation. To the
best of my knowledge, nobody has ever done that, though; I've heard someone
started and gave up.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/