Re: Question for all candidates

aj wrote:
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Do we actually need a DPL? Would we be noticeably worse off without a DPL?
>
>ObVious: We'd be violating the constitution not to have one; if we
>refuse to elect one, we'll just have Manoj and Ian act as the DPL until
>we work out what we want.

<snip more well-considered stuff>

Thanks; I wasn't sure whether anyone was going to respond. There is
more than a little devil's advocacy here - I'm quite convinced myself
that a DPL is necessary - but it'd be nice to see that all the
candidates can justify it.

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray