Re: Questions for the DPL candidates

Frank Küster wrote:
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
Matthew Garrett wrote:
How about the creation of a checklist for meeting organisation and
reporting? Something along the lines of:
5) Does our write-up start with the problems we wish to address and
then logically progress from there to the conclusions we reached?
Yes, it did -- the introduction to the plan was:
No, it didn't, at least not what I would call "starting from the
problems and logically progressing".

No, it's not what *you* would call doing that; but it's what was attempted. It's certainly reasonable to expect people to do what they can to be transparent and logical and efficient and sensible and whatever else, but you can't reasonably expect them to achieve that perfectly to everyone's satisfaction, so when they try and fail you get to say "thanks" and help them do better, not flame the bejesus out of them.

Cheers,
aj