Re: Question for Matthew Garrett

andreas@schuldei.org (Andreas Schuldei) wrote:

> Then the proposal is announced and some people get worked up about
> it. I hope this to be less of a problem in the future, when people not
> only look at the technical merits of a proposal but also at the
> intentions and problems people had to overcome on the way.

What, by the way, are the intentions?  Except "release faster", of
course?

> As Debian works today, there was little hope to make a proposal like
> this without a massive flame war.

That's right.  But it would have been far more productive if it would
have been clear that it was a proposal, and if we would know exactly
which problems are addressed by which measures proposed.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich